Home Loans Designed for Heroes
We offer loans specialized for the needs of heroes. Whether you're a military veteran, firefighter, nurse, or teacher, we have a mortgage program to fit you and your family's needs.
Who is the new HEROES loan program for?
This low cost, low down payment mortgage program is available for first-time home buyers who are federal, state, county and city employees, teachers, firefighters, police officers, military, emergency medical personnel, nurses, and paramedics.
How can the new HEROES program help a first-time home buyer?
The new HEROES loan program is designed to help first-time buyers achieve their goal of homeownership by improving affordability, reducing the down payment requirement, and providing the payment protection of a low fixed-rate mortgage.
The HEROES program:
- Pairs our HEROES 30-year fixed-rate loan option with the HEROES 30-Year fixed-rate 2nd mortgage (which is an interest-only loan).
- Allows home buyers to finance up to a combined loan-to-value ratio* of 101%.
- Does not require monthly mortgage insurance (MI) payments** that are typically included with low down payment mortgage loans.
Important things to know about the new HEROES program:
- At least one borrower must be a first-time homebuyer as defined by Fannie Mae.
- Eligible states include Colorado and Florida - coming soon to Arizona and Illinois.
- A minimum FICO score of 700 and a debt-to-income ratio (DTI) less than 50% are required.
- Annual income must not exceed 140% of the Area Median Income (AMI) as determined by Fannie Mae.
- Fannie Mae-approved homebuyer education is required for all borrowers.
- Eligible property types include one-unit single family detached and attached homes, planned unit developments, and condos that meet Fannie Mae eligibility requirements and are held as a primary residence (not a rental).